Connecting to God, our true selves and others
We invite you to come and be part of our community of faith. Our mission is to encourage one another in growing nearer to God, growing closer to our true selves in God and growing in our ability to reach out in love.
There are various and evolving groups within the wider Buckingham church community that provide avenues for deeper reflection & learning, socializing, personal and social transformation, engagement with our neighbors, the creative arts, and more. Many of these groups are organized and led by volunteer leaders from within the congregation while others are led by our Pastor or the Vocal Music Leader.
- Coffee Hour. Each week following worship, all are invited downstairs for coffee, tea, and snacks to socialize and get to know one another better.
- Vocal Ensemble. The Vocal Ensemble sings in worship the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month and rehearses the Thursday prior. To join or inquire contact Charity Clark at email@example.com
- Bible Nuts. Buckingham’s Men’s Bible Study group meets weekly on Tuesdays or Wednesdays (see the calendar for details).
- Theology on Tap at a local restaurant. Usually the 3rd Wednesday at 6:15pm. Food, drinks, conversation about a spiritual, theological or religious topic.
- Collecting food regularly for the MACC Food Pantry and serving meals.
- Serving meals at Center Church in Hartford’s soup kitchen
- Study Groups & Book Groups
- Spiritual Practice Groups
- The Annual Women’s Retreat provides a weekend away from the routine to make connections with other women and grow spiritually.
- The Strawberry Supper in June is open to the community and is a popular event.
- “Christmas on Minnechaug Mountain” is a great evening of bluegrass Christmas music!
- Delivering Thanksgiving food to our area families.
- Shopping for more then 50 children with the Christmas Giving Tree.
- Hosting a community birthday party for the Naubuc Green residents in March.
- Helping youth explore their faith and build urban-suburban relationships at Heads Up! Hartford each June